• Developed a purchasing and device-usage rules system in Java and Spring that enforces government regulations worldwide for hundreds of thousands of monthly active users
• Supported Ruby on Rails development of logistics system including:
• Designed and implemented system integration between ecommerce, logistics, and Royal Mail to track tens of thousands of shipments per month
• Improved age-verification system in order to prevent underage product purchases without impacting adult user experience
• Redesigned ecommerce orders API for logistics system in which scaled to fifty thousand orders per month
This is a project I created after being inspired by Spotify's "Year in
Review". I loved being able to see data about how I listen to music and
want to see that kind of data year round. This website tracks what every
user is listening to and shows some graphs and charts about that data
that updates as they listen. It also allows users to get personalized
recommendations based on artists of their choosing and some
customization sliders which the user can then save as a playlist
directly into their Spotify account. Sign up today to see your data!
This bot allows you to view your own up to date statistics, view the statistics of your friends, and put them all on the same tables and charts to decide who is the best racer, all within your own Discord channel!
I was responsible for client-side development of a cross-platform mobile application using Typescript, Angular, and Ionic. In this role, I led the project to redesign the entire login and authentication platform, simplifying development and product validation, resulting in a more secure end-user experience. I also developed numerous other features including a UI for a camera-based weather station. The application is deployed across Android and iOS and is designed to communicate with weather stations over Bluetooth low energy and Wi-Fi, and is used by tens of thousands of end-users for configuration and maintenance.
I published a successful mobile game to the Google Play Android and Microsoft Windows Phone mobile stores. Built using C#, Unity, and Visual Studio the game has been downloaded tens of thousands of times and maintains a high rating. I updated the game weekly and explored gaming topics such as physics, user interaction, graphics, interface design, and analytics.
Usurf.co (Co-founder & Developer)
I was the lead developer for the University of Victoria Bookstore
ecommerce website. This required extensive coding in PHP using Symfony,
CSS. I worked closely with non-technical end-users to understand their
requirements and develop new features to address those requirements. I
refactored a significant portion of the legacy codebase to a modern